Possibly ate a piece of decoration

kaliko22

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a golden albino axie, just shy of 5 inches. I went to clean the tank today and noticed that one of the clear rocks (too big for it to eat) was missing a piece of it, like it broke off some how. I use these rocks to anchor the plants. I have no idea how it broke! Just a few minutes ago I noticed that he was throwing up and looks bloated. Thought maybe it was a fluke thing, maybe I missed the little piece of rock when cleaning, but he now wont eat. I am not sure what to do since I am not 100% sure that he ate it. And if I take him to a vet and they have to pull it out, does anyone have a ballpark on what that could cost?? I feel so bad for pinky :( it is a bare bottom tank otherwise

Attachments

• pinkyrock.jpg
    pinkyrock.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 237
  • pinky.jpg
    pinky.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 259
You could fridge him to try get him to throw it up or poop it out if he has eaten it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back