Murky water

martin7283

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have put play sand in my tank on friday and did a water change i washed and washed the sand the water was running clear however my tank has now gone a murky brown colour an i cant see it clearing will it eventually clear or do i have to start again can some one please help ASAP thanks guys

Do you have a filter in the tank? If so, it ahould clear relatively quickly. If you are worried about it try a large water change. Is your axie in the tank?

yh i put him bk in this morning i read that it would not cause him any harm he is happy in there lol its clearing slowely will see wat happens over the next couple of days if it doesnt get better i will do the water change and sorry yes i have a filter in there

Martin, please try to use punctuation in your posts. We have readers who are not native English speakers and your posts are difficult to understand to me, and I am a native English speaker. Thank you!

sorry i have just read my posts, an i dont get wat u dont understand, but hey i will try and make it easier for u.

It took 3 days for the water to clear up when we put sand in, it looked very eery, my husband said the axolotls looked like monsters of the deep! :)

Martin, I mean that you need to use proper English. This means capitalization, punctuation, using 'you' and not 'u', etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back