Moss?

axolotl lvr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello,

Im a newbie and Im wondering if the Fluval Moss Ball is ok to go in my tank with my axolotls.
Please let me know Ive seen different types of Moss in axie tanks..

This one says it traps phosphate.. I bought it from Petco a petstore in my area.
Im unfamiliar with moss in general so any tips or advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much ;):confused:

Hi, I have seen these before and cant see a reason it would be unsafe to add to the tank.
Fluval moss balls im pretty sure are not live plants.
I have three types of moss java moss, christmas moss and marimo moss balls as they are good in low light and are all fine in an axolotl tank.

THanks!! Im just putting the finishing touches on my first axolotl tank and Im super excited!! I have a male leusistic that will be going in a 20 gallon for now ;) Hes super cute and my first!
Do you have pictures of ur moss?? Where do u get them from?

Thanks ;)

I dont really have pictures of the moss as such as i never really take pictures of the whole tank.
You can usually find moss and moss balls in aquatic shops and some pet shops that sell fish. They are often for sale on ebay and online too.
And congrats by the way on getting your axolotl!

Thanks so much!! Im super excited to get him in the tank! Last night I put the sand and decorations in, but the tank is still cloudy from the sand... Im just waiting for that to settle then I can start up the filter and get him in there ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back