Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello everyone!

emily74

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Emily, I was on this site a few years ago when I had my tiger salamander but haven't been active in so long that I had to make a new account cuz I had no idea what email I even used to look my stuff up. But anyways I'm here now! :D Tigers are my FAVORITE little guys! I just love them. Ours here are the olive colored with spots, not the stripped guys everyone thinks of. My tiger was awesome, and I would love another if I ever get the chance. I've had paddle tail and fire belly newts off and on when I was younger. The little guy I would love most to have is an axolotl. Several years ago I actually got a tank did a set up, planning to get one, and then it just didn't pan out :( Hopefully one day (maybe soon!) Til then, I'll just be floating around here!

dad of axle

Reaction score
Welcome back to the forum. I have a pet axolotl and 3 gold fish . My axolotl entered my life about seven months ago now and my whole world view has changed now I have one of these amazing animals.

I hope you can get one or two or three in the future, keeping axolotls is an addictive hobby:D

I had never heard of your pets before joining this forum and still know very little about them but this is such an amazing space here on the forums that we get to learn abour so many wonderful creatures.

emily74

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm hoping to get at least 2 soon. I'd really like a leucistic but really any color is great! What colors are your axolotls?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1