Egg Mass Health

jewett

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Heather Jewett
I recently received some egg masses from a friend and over all the masses look good with some nice development, but there are a few embryos that look dead/opaque. They are not fuzzy yet, however, and I was wondering if its possible to separate individual embryos from a mass safely for the health of the remainder of the embryos, or, since they are not fuzzy, to just let them be. Egg masses are all new to me - I have only ever raised species that laid singly before.
Thanks for any information!
Heather

Yes seperate them immediately ,The infertile/opaque ones will spread and take the clutch ,This is at least the case with my tylo eggs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back