Brine Shrimp

Harpii

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to feed our juvis brine shrimp and how many should they have? We will be buying them some more earthworms but have to wait for them to be stocked so my husband bought them some shrimp for now, he bought one portion im guessing there is around 15 shrimp in the bag sizing between 1 and 2cm. Should we put them all in? and would we need to feed them tomorrow? or will the brine shrimp keep them full for a couple of days? Thank you in advnace, i appreciate any help/advice anyone can offer :)

i pretty sure its alright to feed them shrimp. my cousin feeds them shrimp and its all right every time. The shrimp with keep it full for about two days. Put in a few and if it eats that then add a little more but DO NOT over feed. They can sick.

axolotls will not overeat.. they will stop eating when full.

My husband put them all in and then we fished as many as we could out after they fed but theres one or two still in the tank as they were obviously hiding :/ Our axies seem to be ignoring them and they each have round lil tummies now they are full :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back