Hey there guys and gals

Jay87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well hello there!!! Names Jason but friends just call me Jay. I'm 25 from Minnesota. I had my first amphibian when I was around 10. It was a tiger salamander larvea that I had in a 20 gallon tank. I wasn't sure what he was at the time and when he escaped from the aquarium I always wanted another. The Pet store I got him from closed down and it wasn't until I was about 21 that I seen an axolotl and they peeked my interest again.
Not to long after I found a breeder and had 4 young axolotls sent to me. They are one of my favorite pets I've ever had, and I've had a lot. I like researching and getting different reptiles and animals trying to breed them and enjoy the full experience. Not long after I bred my axolotls I moved to a home that was on the warm side and had to give up my adults.
For the past 2 years everytime I walk into the pet shop in town the owner asks me if I have any more babies for him since when I did breed them they went quick and he made a nice profit. They are amazing what can I say. So recently I just moved back in with my parents while I start up a new business. I dont plan on making a lot of money for a year or two but since I will have more time at home and now that I am able to have them in a colder area I really want to get a couple again. I found this forum and decided to join.
And this is my introduction, hope this place can help me start back up :)

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place if you love axolotls!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back