Mesotriton alpestris Courtship & habitat

sweet. Great view of courtship. Is that your garden pond?

Those European birds in the background put me right back to my childhood when I roamed the German woods...sigh.... :D

I heard Amsel, Zilp-zalp, Buchfink, Elster, and more...)

No it's not in our garden. It's in the garden of a neigbour of ours. (Don't know them actually)
But it's a huge old very ugly house with a very small forest. The size is twice our garden (which isn't so small).
But the house has been for sale a pretty long time. And it is still for sale.

The pond is 10 meters from the edge of our garden so it's verry close. I hope i can convince my dad to make a pond of our own. I hope he agrees before a potential buyer buys the house and decides to remove/ destroy the pond. I guess there are about 50 specimen of Mesotriton Alpestris and i've seen 1 Lissotriton vulgaris.

Edit: The forest is behind me when i'm filming the pond at the end of the video...

Last edited:
Am I the only one wondering how much the house + forest + pond + newts cost? It looks beautiful! ...must buy lottery ticket today...
BTW these newts are now called Ichthyosaura alpestris.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back