The name of your axies!

jhonny

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hello!!
Since i dont have my axies yet but ordered them yesterday, i think its about time i start thinking of some names.
However the first names will probably change when i find out about their characteristics.
That is why i am interested in how you named your axies. not because i want to steal names, but to make sure we dont end up getting the same names. :happy:

Please share how you named yours.. And if a story is attached, i would very much like to read about it.

I have quite a few axies 5 juvies, 1 adult and 9 hatchlings.. but I could only come up with one name so far... Its for my juvenile wildtype.. his - her gills are like a redish brown color and they are very long.. He is so cute, whenever I go into my bathroom (that's where I have him right now in a tupperware container till hes big enough to go in my 60 gal with my adult) he looks up and stares at me with his lil puppy eyes.. Like hey, feed me please. He is so cute. but I came up with the name twigs cuz his lil gills remind me of fluffy twigs lol... So he is twigs for now, if for some reason he becomes a girl then I will call her twiggy.. haha

my golden is named Lance-alotl, and my melanoid is still nameless and has been since I got him (about 6 months ago)

Haha I've Got Freckles, Taco and Bubbles.

Freckles, I named because she's a very lovely wild type With lots of freckles! :)

Taco I named Because I was in the mood for Taco's when I got him :) He's a beautiful Melanoid.

And Bubbles, Well, When she was a baby she LOVED to play in the air stone, Still does! And she's my Gorgeous Leucistic :)

I have a Taco too! And Nachos and Burrito :D

Heng, a word i saw everywhere in Asia i like the ring to it so my axie has it now

my axie names are eden (shes has the coulour of golden soil) and throtle (because it rhymes with axolotl)

My little tribe so far:

Tuco - gfp melanoid, named after the Mexican gangster on Breaking Bad
Star - gfp leucistic, named by Dianna
Midas - gfp golden albino, currently in transit to my location, named after the Midas touch

The Dinks - my 4 little non-gfp babies. They are still little peanuts who just sprouted arms :D

We called our 3 Axl, Lottie and Norbert...Axl and Lottie came from Axolotl and Norbert was decided when we were having Harry Potter marathon as Hagrid's dragon is called Norbert :)
Our axolotls are still juvi's so we dont know their sex yet but I dont think we will change their names as they already suit their personalities.

My adult's name is Rosie. Rosalind Franklin is one of my heroes so I had to honor her XD (If it had been a boy or unknown, I'd have named it Frankie)

I have 6 larva that don't have names...well, except one that survived two die offs despite being a tiny little shrimp of a thing among the others. His nickname right now is Mr. Disaster XD

I don't name anything that won't come when called.

Gordon Ramsey (now commonly referred to as 'Gordita' due to her gender discovery) and Boleslaw are mine.

Mine is called Rasta because when he swims about his gills look like dreadlocks :D

Oh gosh. I just bought a bunch of juvies, so some of them are unnamed, but my others are Marshall, Maynard, Bart, Chris, and Giggity. Giggity was a present from and named by my partner. Still have a bunch to name.

I'm a bit of a geek, so my leucistic is named Moby-Dick. She's the great white beast of the tank. My GFP wild-type is named Poseidon, due to his majestic glowing powers and the fact that he acts like he rules the whole place.

Hmmm, let's see...

I've got Eomer (Wildtype), his sister Eowyn (Guess!), Leia (Wildtype), Pippin (Melanoid), Rosie (Albino), Lucy the Leuci (Leucistic), Olive (Olive is a Melanoid, I think...), Jade (Melanoid), Midge (Melanoid), and last but not least...

ATAV (All Terrain Attack Vehicle), a Copper Wildtype, who keeps true to his namesake. Plants fear him, rocks move aside for him (in his mind, anyway), and worms cannot hide from him.

But mostly, I call them all by these names: "Hey you!", "Stop that!", and "Knock it Off!".

Haha, Jacquie! ATAV's description had me in hysterics!

I have the girlies: Arbie, Tumblety, Alan, Toby, Falcor, Cyd, Gilly and Sheldon. The five last ones had another sister but she very recently passed away =[ Atlas <3

The fellas: Hoshi, Jonesy, Moriarty, Smidge and Smudge.

The majority are leucistics, with Moriarty and Tumblety being wild types.

Each has a story behind their name but let's face it, we'd be here all night!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back