Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Breeding of tiger and marbled sals?

fardilis

Reaction score
Hi all
I currently have 1.1 tiger sals and 2.2 marbleds. I'm interested in breeding them, seeing as barely anyone does over here. Can anyone point me in the direction of good info on them? This forum has loads on tigers, which is good, can't seem to find much on marbleds though....

Cheers

Willlis

Reaction score
A. opacum can be done inside using much of the same amphibian cooling methods that you would use for other north American amphibians. That combined with some simulated heavy rainfall in a terrestrial setup with some shallow water and you should be ready to go. I know people that have used that method in the past at least with good results.

Infamous82

Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed that when my marbleds get around 50 deg. if I come in and mist them at night, they come out and head for water. They only do it at night and around that temp (it never gotten colder than 48 in my basement). Hope that helps

Jan

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all
I currently have 1.1 tiger sals and 2.2 marbleds. I'm interested in breeding them, seeing as barely anyone does over here. Can anyone point me in the direction of good info on them? This forum has loads on tigers, which is good, can't seem to find much on marbleds though....

Cheers
Most of the discussions on A. opacum will be found in this subforum:

Species, Genus & Family Discussions - Mole Salamanders but not tigers or axolotls (Ambystomatids) at Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Portal - Page 3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1