Hello all

mrslolo83

Reaction score
Country
United States
:happy: hello all, im from arizona, usa and im new to axolotls but i have been keeping tropical fish for 2 years now. i have decided to upgrade my current 33 gallon to a 55 gallon and will swap my fish into the bigger tank, then i will get an axolotl for the 33. ive been doing alot of research on axolotls (i want one so bad, but have to wait til i get the bigger tank).. i like leucistic axies the best, but im also in love with the harlequin ones too. look forward to getting to know everyone on here

HI!!!! Welcome to caudata!!! You will find alot of great moderators, breeders and wonderful new to expeienced people here to answer your every question!! Feel free to ask away!!!
Ive gotten some really great advice and have met people from alll around the world here!!

Remember no question is a dumb one all of us have asked it im sure!! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back