Sexing T. Shanjing, need some help :)

Fer

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Display Name
Fenrhir
Hello everybody, i've the pleasure of keeping 2 T. shanjing since October 2011, but it's getting difficult to me to sex them, (i've no experience in sexing tylototriton genre, just sexing by pictures but i'm not really sure about that) and it's getting difficult to take better pictures, hope someone can tell me if i have a couple :D

Tylo N°1

100_0533.jpg

100_0534.jpg

100_0535.jpg

Tylo N° 2
100_0538.jpg

Thanks very much :D

Go to this site. Caudata Culture Home Page and go to articles and then the sexing section. I'm pretty sure picture1 is a male and picture 2 is Also female. I could be wrong.

No.1 is famale,and No.2 maybe male ,not sure

Sorry. Picture one is female picture 2 is a male.

Thanks, yes i compare with caudata culture pictures but i was still unsure. The important thing is that i have a couple :D thanks guys!

For Tylototriton look at the cloaca. If it sticks out in a volcano shape it is a female. If it is flat it might be a male. This is easiest to see in mature animals that are in breeding condition. Just because the cloaca is flat does not always mean it is a male. If that volcano shaped bulge is their it is almost certain to be a female. The first pic looks like a female.

Thanks Michael, as i told to the guys it's difficult for the first time, and it's more difficult perhaps if you don't have seen anyone before, i'll recheck their cloacas today ;)

Hi Fer! I'm from Argentina too (Clari Halle on fb)
I see you have marmoratus?? If you do, PLEAAAASE send me a message.
I have too specimens and I am a little bit confused also when it comes to sexing.
I've read swollen cloaca, smaller and more streamline = male
Not swollen and volcano shape = female
Well... I'm a little bit confused... since the one that has a more swollen cloaca has a "volcano shape" and the one that does not have it swollen has a "streamline shape"

If you could please help I would greatly appreciate it!!!!
Sexing... | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
photostream

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back