Mum obsessed with daughters newts

Aliss

Reaction score
Country
England
I got my daughter 2 fire belly newts (on my birthday and I liked the look of them):D
She 9years old and loves her alex & joshua. I found this site when looking for fire belly newts, as horror alex escaped in the night and I can't find her.:eek: They had been in the tank over 2 months and gap very small. I was trying to find a replacement before my daughter finds out she's gone. So im a desperate mum from chatham, kent trying to replace a newt before my daughter finds out, she's going to be so upset:cry:

Welcome to the forum. Try searching the house it may have tucked itself away some where cool, one of my friends lost a fire belly in his garage and found it eighteen months latter in a crevice, so it may potentially still be alive, some of these newts will become terrestrial so its not the same as a missing goldfish . If you cant find it ring round your local pet shops , firebellys are on the stock lists of most pet shops even if they are not in stock and you could order one. If you choose to try and hide the escape of the newt from your daughter be prepared to explain a desiccated newt which may show up in a few months time under a bed. Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back