Hey From Down Under Australia

Sky Diamond

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sky
Hey guys,

I'm Sky and I'm from Australia. I'm an author and I just bought my first Axolotl, Alec a week ago tomorrow. Alec is an albino Axolotl and is about 19.7cm and is sexually mature - so I'm guessing he's over 18months. I know a little about Axolotls and fish as I used to breed guppies.

I'm still getting used to this site, but if anyone could tell me where to post questions or answering mine it'd be great.
I'm looking to get a friend for Alec and I already have my eye on another Axolotl and was wondering, how much bigger can another Axolotl be before they start fighting or picking on each other? I think the one I'm looking at is around 28cm, but it is hard to tell in the tank I have seen it in.

Thanks,
- Sky

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back