First huge batch of eggs

sushiNpearl

Reaction score
Country
United States
So we just got our first large batch of fertilized eggs, they were laid June 1st sometime after I cleaned the tank. The male "Chaz" is the one in the picture by himself and the females are in the other picture together and the one we think laid the eggs "Sushi" is facing the camera.

We seperated the eggs the day they were laid and today we put them in the "nursery". There are a few in there that dont seem to be developing, but for the most part they seem to be doing great.

BBS are on order and we have the new tank set figured out more or less...

how do the eggs look to ya'll?

Attachments

• DSC_0199[1].jpg
    DSC_0199[1].jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 289
  • DSC_0200[1].jpg
    DSC_0200[1].jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 324
  • DSC_0201[1].jpg
    DSC_0201[1].jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 252
  • DSC_0204.JPG
    DSC_0204.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 799
  • DSC_0211.JPG
    DSC_0211.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC_0212.JPG
    DSC_0212.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 263
They look to be developing and healthy right on schedule. Just keep an eye out for cloudy ones.

Im probably pointing out the obvious here, but make sure you have another tank at hand for when those eggs start to hatch...

Ah yes we definitely have a couple options awaiting. We are just trying to figure out what works best for us. :smile:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back