Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Brine shrimp life span and when?

Aidan

Reaction score
Hey I have axie eggs ready to hatch, they wer layed on the 20th may and growing fast, and could hatch within the next 10 days, I was wondering when should I prepare brine shrimp for them I am not sure of buying it now as I dont want them to die and my axies to starve, so when is the best time to have these prepared and how long will they live for?

Smdee

Reaction score
I would wait until the first eggs start hatching and then start the hatchery. The brine shrimp usually take 24 hours to hatch and the axie's will be munching on their yolk sac at first. I'm not exactly sure what the lifespan of brine shrimp are, but it's not very long...

xxianxx

Reaction score
The brine shrimp die fast in freshwater , you can keep them alive if you place them in a saltwater tank and feed them, check utube for "growing on brine shrimp", it is where i got the information from.

KEU131

Reaction score
hi, i just want to ad to these questions, i used to have a clown fish in a salt water tank and have some left over frozen brine shrimp blocks, would these be ok to feed an Axolotl??

are brine shrimp the same as sea monkeys?? (thats just something i have always been curious about) haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1