Question: Holtrefeter's Solution?

cjonard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you use it? If so, how can I make it on a smaller scale? I don't have many 44 gallon barrels hanging around and my math is questionable.
Do you have a recipe you use? If so, how? I don't quite understand. Do you put the axies in the full solution or do you scoop some out and add it to the water. I am so confused. ???

First, why do you want to use it? There may be simpler products you could use depending on what your need is.

In most cases you would use it diluted, like 50/50 - and maybe you'd need another barrel to mix that!

I have axie larvae--they have front legs but not rear yet. I just thought it was better for them to be in this solution as opposed to treated tap. I read they like hard water, and I don't think ours is very hard. Just trying to make sure they are happy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back