Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sexing my Axolotls

Plc98

Reaction score
I have had my Axies for about 6 months, they are now 16-18 months old, and I still cant tell if they're males or females, or one of each. One is albino with the GPF mutation gene, and the other is brown wildtype with the GPF mutation gene. Here are some pictures:

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...338950225500&sads=vINWCeUO4CJ1I8H7JHLDV2-juWg

file:///C:/Users/sheri/Desktop/DSC_0043.jpg

The green one's name is Ivy and the wildtype's name is Vata. also they're just in the containers because I'm doing a 100% water change in their tank, thanks for any input!

Plc98

Reaction score
can someone please respond, I need to know if I should get a male or female, or no more new ones, I'd like to breed them, Thanks!

lea

Reaction score
I cant see the photos(my work has the storage blocked) but boys normally have a large bump under their tail and the girls only have a smallish bump, they are also a bit rounded compared to the boys........

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!