New arrivals :)

squishyjaws12

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Brandon
Just got 20 eggs (melanoid, wildtype mix) in the mail this morning and i have them setup in a breeding trap in my 44g setup. current temp is between 72 and 74f. just wondering if this will be alright or if i should move them to a tupperware in a cooler section of he house.

In the higher temps, the eggs should hatch faster. Keep a very close eye on the development so they don't catch you out :D Once hatched I personally would try to keep them somewhere cooler.

Well all the little guys hatched early Tuesday morning, I started with 20 or so eggs and I ended up with 14 live ones. lost a few to fuzzy egg and two were mysteriously dead after hatching. I have since moved them from the breeding trap to a 10 gallon setup with a healthy reproducing daphnia culture and I have also been feeding banana worms, micro worms and just this morning some freshly hatched brine shrimp. Just wondering is it a bad thing to offer such a variety of food at this point and other than over feeding them on the brine shrimp can they be over fed at this point ? And will they eat baby daphnia at this stage ?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back