Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Advice needed plz

Tillypup

Reaction score
Hi
I have 2 of these guys Saxo & Paxo (bought at 5/6mths in Feb this yr)
no probs up till this week
I notice my wild type Saxo is getting bigger and bigger and Paxo Luesitistic is not gaining wieght very well and tho I feed them earthworms every day by hand she is a bit of a clutz
they get frozen bloodworm as a treat but do love thier worms .
where am I going wrong :confused::(

Plc98

Reaction score
Re: Advice neede plz

Im not sure, but it may be that one just metabolizes better than the other, just like people, maybe saxo has had a growth spirt and paxo hasnt yet, if paxo is eating alright and there arent any changes in his/her behavior, then him/her is probably fine, if paxo still isnt growing after another week or two, then post again please, I hope this helps, but you may also want to research it, just to be safe.

Tillypup

Reaction score
Re: Advice neede plz

will give a try in the morning thanks for both replies

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1