Hey from CT

KaeGji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kae-Gji
Hey all, I'm from New Haven, CT in the US. I don't currently own any newts or axies but I'm very interested in getting a few axie eggs next year and rearing them from egg to adult. I figured this would be a good site for me to get as much info on them as I can before I dive in. Right now I have 2 eastern painted's, an oscar, convict, jack dempsey, electric yellow, acei, pleco and 3 cory's in a 55 gal tank. Needless to say I plan on upgrading them to a 180 gal tank within the year, I want to use the 55 gal they are in now to house 3 or 4 axolotls once I move them...So yea, I'm here to learn lol.

Hello KaeGji and welcome to the forum. It is great that you are preparing and learning prior to taking on the responsibility of being an axolotl keeper - your future animals will thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back