HI

joanna

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm from Kent England and I have an Axolotl a green one. I have been reading up about them and still have a big question to ask about it. :D 'Smiler' came without any frills - will they grow he does have little ones?

Do you mean the axolotl is a GFP that "glows" ? An actual greenish one sounds more like a tiger salamander to me, which could explain the lack of external gills.

Could you post pictures ? :) If it's an axolotl, the gills will hopefully grow back with proper care since axolotls do not morph very often.

^^Some wild types are overly green,i think its pretty rare in the UK to be able to buy tiger salamander larvae.

As long as you care for it well and keep on top of water changes/monitor ammonia,nitrites and nitrates,the gills should grow back.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

a picture would be very helpful!

I guess I could see how some wildtype could be called "greenish", I've never seen one that looked as "green" to me as tiger larva, but perhaps (and especially if it was GFP and fluorescing through its natural colours).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back