Hello

Ollychimera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello there, I'm Ollychimera and I joined the forum because I will be acquiring an axolotl soon, and I felt it was in my best interest to find a good community that could help me take good care of my new family member if I have questions that are hard to find clear answers for. I've been browsing info here for sometime now so I figured I may as well be an active member.

Originally, I was interested in getting a firebelly newt, but I find axolotls to be much cuter and more interesting. I have a 20 gal tank set up with live plants, 4 ghost shrimp, and 4 rosies to help condition the tank. It's been set for a month and a half.

I've had fish on and off over the years and my last terrarium pet was a crested gecko, named Ouroboros, who passed away at the age of 6-7 years last October.

Hi Ollychimera and welcome to the forum. As you have already discovered, you've landed on a great site for learning about and how to care for caudates.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back