What colour are these axolotls?

Axolotl673

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
elliegrace
Hello
I recently purchased two new axolotls. At first i thought them to be wild type, but when i got home with them, i compared them to my wild type male and they are totally different, they seem a really unusual colour as i have not really seen any axolotls similar too them.
They have white bellies, orange and gold spots over their toes and bodies, and they are brown with a green tinge on top with reddy/purple rami although not to the extent of my leucy . (No i do not believe them to be harlequins).
They seem to be some sort of wild type, but i'd rather a specific colour than saying wild type, because they just don't look like that.
Somebody help please :) I posted a picture next to my large male axolotl, this is not there tank mate, he is just there to show the colour, and this isn't their tank, this is a polystyrene box that i use to clean them out :) I hoped it would show the colour better, im afraid the picture doesn't do them justice.
I can't quite get the picture inserter to work, here is a link!
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/398847_4197268850492_1856820251_n.jpg

Looks like a wildtype to me.

looks like a wildtype - there's a lot of varation in them - i have one that is mottled yellow and brown - thankfully unlike with, say, leopard geckos, there aren't millions of fancy morphs

Haha ok :) got a bit confused with them having orange dots when non of my wild types do :) either way their beautiful to look at :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back