Illness/Sickness: Urgent!: Axolotls not getting along

LukeF

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I Have 2 Axolotl in my Tank.
They were great together for the first Month,
But lately the Bigger one has started to Nip at the Smaller one Regularly.
I've tried separating the tank in half but I don't have any glass sheets so i tried to use ornaments and plants to make a wall.
The Smaller one made it's way trough and then the bigger one pushed the plants aside.
The Smaller one is a Wild type and the Bigger is an Albino.
The Smaller one is loosing it's Limbs and Tail :(
I Don't know what to do.....

Please Help!

Get the smaller one out of the tank YESTERDAY! Put it in a container big enough for it, make sure the water stays clean... go through the forum, there are plenty of instructions on how to care for your axolotl at this point. Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back