Red Freckles

Radiodoll

Reaction score
Country
United States
This morning I noticed my axolotl had red dots on his face about the size of a pinpoint and on further inspection a 3-4 dots on his leg and abdomen, he's been eating a little less than usual, the picture I uploaded is low quality (i don't have a very good camera) but I circled in pink where the dots are on his face, the purple is a chip in his tail that he's always had (not sure if it's relevant) , and the black is a very rough illustration of the tip of his tail which makes a little point at the end. My axolotl is about 3 months old, luesistic. I feed him red wrigglers, Instant ocean brine shrimp, and sinking shrimp pellets. The tank is a 7.5 galleon which I will upgrade to a 10 soon, and the basic layout can be seen as well, the average temp is 70 degrees Fahrenheit (parents won't turn the AC down from 78 so I use the fan in my room along with frozen water bottles to keep him cool), and the Ammonia is 0

Attachments

• lotl health.jpg
    lotl health.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_2216.jpg
    IMG_2216.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 474
No one answered this. Any change in the situation? Even with the ammonia at zero, be sure to continue changing at least 10% of the water per week (not counting evaporation).

It could be just how it's colored. When my axolotl has more blood flow from being stimulated either by eating or something she tends to have red dots in her face. I don't know about the body though. If its a concern you can try putting it in a refrigerator. If you don't see any other signs of illness such as not eating or puking I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Yeah I just started to figure that he just has freckles or something, still pretty healthy and eats a lot

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back