Doncaster show or Morpeth Show? Any good?

jane1187

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this is the place to talk about this but I'm considering visiting the IHS Doncaster Show (September) or the NESAS show in Morpeth.

Anyone been to either of them? Is there a sufficient newt/salamander (and I suppose other amphibians as I do like frogs too!) presence to make my trip worthwhile?

People's thoughts would be appreciated as it would be a significant trip.

Cheers

Given you live in Staffordshire, why not the BAKS meeting in August in Stafford? ;)

Ade

Hey, that's a great idea. I hadn't heard of your show. MUCH closer to home. Still might attend Doncaster if anyone has been before and could offer their experience?

I don't have much experience with going to shows I'm afraid, beyond the 2 UK Frog Days last year. They're usually much too far away for me to get to easily.

We set up BAKS around January this year, in response to the lack of a dedicated amphibian keepers society, taking advice from Chris Newman from the FBH in the process. So you can be forgiven for not hearing about it. ;) I posted about it in February on here, but hasn't been bumped for a while. We're a genuine club, and once we can get enough material we'll be sending out a twice yearly newsletter to our members. Our normal memberships include entry to our annual meeting.

We really really want to encourage caudate keepers to come along, expecially those who have surplus livestock they've bred. Too often amphibian meetings tend to end up with loads of dart frogs and not much else, although I'm a dart frog keeper myself it would be nice if ours could be different. lol

Anyway, there's more info on the link in my sig, including details of the committee members etc.

Ade

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back