Infraimmaculata struggling with worms

There beautiful especially the one in the last frame I like the single set of spots down its back. Are they captive breed from a female of yours or are they recents additions to the family. I have one S.s. terrestris female who will be getting a mate fairly soon and can't wait to breed them.

They're CB coming from Sergé, an experienced keeper. I've got them half a year now, and I'm feeding them worms, roaches, waxies, crickets and a lot of calcium. I'm going to keep them apart for another while, but they're going to get a container which is a bit bigger than te ones that they're in now.

Very beautiful animals. I'm considering to take them myself

Are these the animals permanent cages? I am thinking of possibly housing my fire sals the same way. Is it an efficient method of housing?

Hé Niels, mine are still together on gravel in a 40x25x25 cm tank and going strong. I have them housed together from the first time I got them. Sometimes they even snatch eachothers legs or tails but they never get hurt. I mainly feed them earthworms and crickets powdered with lots of calsium of course.

Everything of food you bring in will be eaten, sometimes I think they become too obese. :D

Maybe we are able to see the sexes next summer, then we know if we have at least a couple for breeding attempts in the future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back