Help needed!!!

Kellums

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi i live in australia on the gold coast, i bought some plants from a pet shop for my fish tank and they had axolotl eggs attatched, three beautiful little babies have hatched and i dont know what to do. i have been to every pet shop in my area and none of them have had brine shrimp eggs for years so the best i could get was pre hatched dead baby brine shrimp, the baby axolotls don't seem interested in them, i assume because they don't move, i have ordered shrimp eggs online but its a bit late now. i can't find any insects larvae around as its winter time. i have tried moving the water with the dead baby brine shrimp around the axolotls but they just freaked out and swam away. i dont know what else to to!

You could try cutting earthworms into small pieces but that would probably get too fiddly or blood worms, until your brine shrimp arrive

If you cant find any small insects try boiled egg yolk and swish it about in the tank, have to keep on top of the water quality though as it will go bad fast.

you could also get some live blackworms(petbarn at nerang) and cut them up really tiny

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back