Luna and Toothless

ahiggin1

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all,
I finally got my critters :D
Luna is the leucistic and toothless is the melanistic. so far so good, they are both 4 inches long and seperated in a 10 gallon until the 20 gallon long is cycled. Im feeding chopped up earthworms (bloodworms were sooo much messier!) and doing spot cleans every day. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to make siphon cleaning less stressful (they dart all over the place :( )
this week Im going to be feeding twice a day and recording it to see their habits and what not. I dont want to underfeed them (or overfeed lol)
Oh and I know that the gills bent forward is a sign of stress but Luna has been doing it since Ive had her, but no bent tail and she is eating fine.
So heres my newest babies!

Attachments

• Toothless.jpg
    Toothless.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 2,173
  • Luna.jpg
    Luna.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 497
They're beautiful!! Love 'em :D
As for siphoning, I never leave my Axolotls in the tank when I clean. I put them in a plastic bin while I clean.. it's too complicated to try cleaning with them in there. I thought of the bin idea after I almost sucked up a 3 in. albino with a siphon :(
Good luck on the new additions!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back