Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Help with setting up a tank!

Night walker

Reaction score
Hi, I live in a rural part of Australia and was wondering if anyone new any sites online that will deliver me everything I need to set up a tank. And also what is the best filter to use? Thanks

Cheva

Reaction score
Could always check out ebay? Cheap decorations/filters and stuff.. And delivery is pretty reasonable. Downside is delivery can take a few weeks depending what country you buy from ...

Also make sure you really read what the product is your buying and made from in the case of fake plants etc..

Next option would be google.. Aquaholics Online, Aquatic supplies Australia, Aquarium supplies online ... heaps of em .. I just googled ..well.. "Aquarium supplies online" .. Just check out and compare postage prices as well as product prices :)

Good luck

markrimn

Reaction score
www.amazon.com

Amazon.com Help: Australia

As for a filter, you should probably provide some info on what you are trying to set the tank up for.

Sorry, I didn't even read this was in Axolotl subsection.

I have heard a lot of good stuff about Aquaclear and I use them in my fish aquariums and they work out great. I have heard them used for turtle ponds, which have a pretty heavy bioload. I don't keep Axolotls though.

Amazon.com: AquaClear 20 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 20 Carbon, AquaClear 20 Foam & AquaClear 20 BioMax): Pet Supplies

tusken raider

Reaction score
Check out age of aquariums (Age of Aquariums - Home) flat shipping rate on no matter how much or what you order. Although i would try and find a local fish store that sells tanks yes you may travel a bit but you will save of shipping costs and your tank will arrive in one piece, shipping a tank is risky and could break so get insurance if you go down that path

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!