Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings all !

2roxfox

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I joined last year so I am a bit slow to say hi. I live in Western Australia and right now its winter when the axolotls breed so they become a lot more interesting but make me wonder what is going on. After lots of trial and error my axolotl breeding had progressed with varied outcomes but since I came across this site I have great success. It is rare to find such a comprehensive site so I am really impressed and thankful it exists. The advice and knowledge that is shared here is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in such things. I hope to be caring for another batch of baby axolotls in the next few weeks so I will probably be spending a fair bit of time on here.
I think axolotls are one of the most interesting and easy to care for pets available and I believe that they are a perfect pet for a child - their interesting features foster an interest in science, they are fun to feed with live worms, they have a funny face but are also a little bit scary looking. Best of all they dont die when the child forgets about them for a while (at least they don't die easily).. Mine seem to thrive on being forgotten about so I do that a fair bit. (About ten months of the year they live at the bottom of my outdoor pond)
I dont know if there are any other Western Australian axolotl breeders out there, but if there are it would be great to meet up and share ideas. Just email me if you are out there! :happy:

Last edited:

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of Australian members and axie keepers- even one of our moderators is from there!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!