New here and wanting to get an axolotl :)

Polechka

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm a law student in Miami and I would really really really like to have an axolotl. The look like the cutest little things! I've read a lot about them and I think I could take care of one fairly well.

Also, I have a cat who loves to look at aquariums!

Polechka

Welcome to the forum! Axies are pretty easy to get, so it should work out. I hope your cat likes it too! Make sure you keep a secure lid on that tank- don't want any inter-species mingling (or snacking)!

Welcome welcome! You will love an Axi, I watch mine for hours on end!

Biggest suggestion is read through as much as you can in regards to setting up your tank! Can save alot of hassle in the long run .. there are tons of topics on the subject so it wont be hard :)

also lots of great advice on feeding etc and how to provide your little one with a happy healthy and long life!!

Look forward to seeing you around :)

welcome from another law student. Axies are such great study budies, so easy to stop and have a break from reading and start watching the little critters.

Hi and welcome/ Im looking as well. I already have 2 Lucs

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back