Hello, from Boston

Robert Benson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I discovered this organization a couple months ago when I was looking for an image for the cover of a novel I had written. I couldn’t quite find what I wanted and eventually had to take a picture of a toy salamander. But I was quite impressed with the organization and the passion of its members, and I thought some of you might be interested in the novel, since it has a salamander as one of the main characters. It looks at the theme of man vs. nature from the perspective of a 12 year old girl who loves spending time in the woods but has never really considered her responsibility to the plants and animals that live there. When presented with a threat to the salamander’s habitat, my heroine learns that she and the salamanders have something very basic in common: the struggle of every living thing to have a home. It’s meant to be an entertaining story for sixth grade girls, but it probably works better for adults who can appreciate a child’s-eye view of some difficult adult problems. If anyone is interested in reading it, it is called "The Secrets of Pond Street" and is available at the Amazon Kindle Store on-line for 99 cents. For anyone who does take a look at this story, please be patient. It takes a while for the salamander to make his appearance, but when he does, he’s central. Also, I’d like to invite any of you to correct me where you see errors on matters of science or environmental law in the book. I’m no expert, and I will welcome any help you can give me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back