Question: Worms escape being eaten?

jay_coward

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Jay
I don't know if anyone has had a situation like mine but my axie Seb is always willing to smash a worm down and I watch him eat and don't witness him spitting them out. The problem is if I move a rock in his tank there are a group of worms hiding. Is it possible they aren't being digested or are somehow escaping his body?! He is always eager to eat and he loves his earthworms and now I'm not sure if he is so eager to eat because he is being starved cause the worms and somehow not getting eaten. Help anyone?

Axolotls will often hit a worm on instinct, then realize they are not hungry and spit it out. You need to feed your axolotl out in the open and watch what it is up to, as soon as you see it spitting worms out stop feeding and clear them up. If your axolotl is not losing weight it is nothing to worry about, if it is losing weight post again as there may be a problem.

hello, another thing about feeding axolots is that, the worm might be to big and the axolotl would just give up. try cutting the worms in half. good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back