Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Lip-zit and frill-less gill. Xotl is ugly.

Morrison

Reaction score
Xotl used to be a handsome stunning axie male with pretty gills (it's him on my avatar) but it all changed a while ago.

When he was sick he lost the frills on his gills and the gills also shrunk a bit. When they grew back there was one gill (the upper right one) that looked way different. And it still does. It's much longer than the other gills and it has no frills on it. When Xotl flicks his gills, they all 'swoosh' back with beauty, and the weird one just bounces back like something... rubber-ish. :')

Another thing. He has a bump on his lip. It started as a little red dot. I always thought that it would go away by itself but the lip-zit is still there. And it's at least two months ago when he developed that... thing.

Is there anything I can do to help him get rid of it? (No, I'm not going to cut that thing of with scissors) Or is it something normal? It's not bothering him at all, not growing, not shrinking. Just being an innocent looking bump on Xotls lip.

I attached a picture.

Can I give Xotl a make-over somehow? :D

Attachments

• Lipzit.jpg
    Lipzit.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 8,195

Minniechild

Reaction score
Has your filter changed at all recently? Each time my axies have lost their gills, it's been that a filter's been too strong, which (especially if combined with other factor changes as well-e.g. temperature) the result of is a rami-less axie :(. Perhaps try to reduce the flow/move to a box filter with a knot tied in the cord for a few weeks so his rami can recover?
As to the zit, no clue. Too much chocolate in his nighttime covert pantry raid? :D One of the genii will arrive soon, and hopefully be able to tell you more :)

Morrison

Reaction score
Lolol.
I think a lip piercing would look awesome on him.

The filter is not too strong, so that might not be the problem. The weird thing is that the frills aren't growing back at all. My other axies are fine and looking awesome.
Xotl is the little freak I guess :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!