Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello. New Member Here.

That One Guy

Reaction score
Hi everyone :happy: I am 18 turning 19 soon, I have had many various pets in my life, from dogs, cats, and fish to chinchillas and ferrets. All sorts of reptiles, also some frogs & toads. I am currently trying to hatch blue tail lizard eggs, my mother accidentally uncovered their nest when she was digging in the garden, and their mother ran off when it happened. But I digress, getting away from the point here.

After some research on my red ear sliders I happened to stumble across these crazy little creatures called Axolotls, after that fateful night these little dudes have charmed me :D. I searched the internet high and low for all the information I could gather about them. I must admit, a lot of the information kept bringing me back to this website, so I decided to join.

I am currently in the process of turning one of my old 29 gal terrariums into an aquarium. Though after reader about Axolotls, I have decided to make it into a planted aquarium. I plan on trying my hand at just having it planted, and letting it all grow up so when I finally get some Axies they will have an awesome place to live. I know about them not liking light, so I have decided to go with low light plants, and I think I can make it turn into something awesome with what I have to work with. Anywho, sorry if this is a lot of writing, just wanted to let you guys know about me, and I look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone :happy:

MissAnnie

Reaction score
Welcome! You've definately found the place to be an axolotl fan! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!