Axolotl Larvae floating upside down

AlienFirefox

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Australia
G'day all
I have a problem my new born axolotls around 2 and a half weeks old now i think are starting to float upside down and dont seem to want to move around to much. the others not doing it are quite active but these ones are floating upside down on the bottom and the top of the tank. what causes this?

My babies did this to, actually some still do it or lie on they're sides. They are between 4 - 6 weeks. I dont know what causes it but they are still eating, still growing & definately still pooing lol.
Maybe being Australian they are a bit more relaxed :D :lol:

At some point did the larvae stop lying on their sides? Or did they keep lying on their sides during the entire larvae period?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back