Gravid Cynops pyrrhogaster?

roguemako

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does my Cynops pyrrhogaster look gravid?

Attachments

• DSC_0097[1].jpg
    DSC_0097[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 270
Not particularly, no, and it doesn´t look like a C.pyrrhogaster either.
The picture doesn´t allow a conclussive identification but i´m thinking it looks a lot more like Hypselotriton orientalis.

I attached another few photos. The first two are of the supposed Hypselotriton orientalis. Thought it might help for a positive ID. The last one is of another newt. Can you ID this one as well. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0102[1].jpg
    DSC_0102[1].jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 243
  • DSC_0101[1].jpg
    DSC_0101[1].jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC_0098[1].jpg
    DSC_0098[1].jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 242
I´m very nearly certain that both animals are H.orientalis.

The photos are not great, but are you are sure about the last one? It has much smoother looking skin and does lacks some of the ''texture'' the other one has.

Yes, and that´s very characteristic of H.orientalis, but not at all of C.pyrrhogaster.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back