Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Melanoid Color Variations

NoahF

Reaction score
Just wondering (cause i might get it as my second axie) what kind of colors could i expect? Post pics if you have em

Martin21114

Reaction score
here's my 2:

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1,795
  • IMG_1320.jpg
    IMG_1320.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_1286.jpg
    IMG_1286.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,014

Jake

Reaction score
Here are a couple of mine. Pics 1 and 2 are the same animal at 8 weeks and 6 months old. The third pic is of a melanoid and wild type to show the difference.

Attachments

• melanoid.jpg
    melanoid.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • melanoid2.jpg
    melanoid2.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,756
  • melanoid3.jpg
    melanoid3.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 256
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1