Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Feeding and activity

dansmrcookie

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I'm very happy with my 3 Axies.
They are grow up a lot!! haha

But I have question yet!

I'm feeding with earthworms one time per day. I think can be so much, but they are eating all and probably if I put more, they will eat!
Can I put more?

Other question, one of my axie is very quiet (wild type), he has a problem in a eye, can be it?
The golden was very active for some time, but now he is more calm to, but the white is very active!! He swimming all the time and come to me on the top. he Makes a show when my friends are here lol.

this diferences are common?

thanks for all!

Attachments

• godzilla.jpg
    godzilla.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 354
  • golden grow up.jpg
    golden grow up.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 188
  • wild growup.jpg
    wild growup.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 168
  • color.jpg
    color.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 178

jessicaanne

Reaction score
I'm feeding with earthworms one time per day. I think can be so much, but they are eating all and probably if I put more, they will eat!
Can I put more?

Judging from the photo's they are a bit overweight so you are probably feeding them more often than what is required. I feed my two 1 worm every 3 days or so and they maintain a healthy looking weight.

dansmrcookie

Reaction score
Judging from the photo's they are a bit overweight so you are probably feeding them more often than what is required. I feed my two 1 worm every 3 days or so and they maintain a healthy looking weight.

Even they accepting the food?

I will make some photos of their. Then I post, I think the wild type is skinny, but maybe is ok and the other are fat.

jessicaanne

Reaction score
They will eat as long as you continue to offer food to them and by the looks of it, they have you wrapped around their finger because you are giving in to their "I'm hungry" face. Try to feed them less during the week until they lose a little bit of weight and then I would suggest feeding them worms every 3 days or so. You could also offer pellets if you have some. Could you please take a photo of the wild type from the side and all 3 from above?

dansmrcookie

Reaction score
They will eat as long as you continue to offer food to them and by the looks of it, they have you wrapped around their finger because you are giving in to their "I'm hungry" face. Try to feed them less during the week until they lose a little bit of weight and then I would suggest feeding them worms every 3 days or so. You could also offer pellets if you have some. Could you please take a photo of the wild type from the side and all 3 from above?

I work and study on college, dont have many time, but I will try to take some good photos!
Very very thanks for you attention Jessicaanne!

dansmrcookie

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad quality :/ my cell phone is not good.

Then, some pictures, the last is just the white coming to my finger haha

Attachments

• Pirate close side.jpg
    Pirate close side.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 163
  • Pirate and Shabba.jpg
    Pirate and Shabba.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Pirate & Shabba.jpg
    Pirate & Shabba.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Pirate & Shabba 2.jpg
    Pirate & Shabba 2.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Kirby.jpg
    Kirby.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 149
  • nodedo.jpg
    nodedo.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 152

jessicaanne

Reaction score
They look okay from the top view, except the white one looks a bit TOO wide :lol: Cutting down the feeding to once every 3 days or so should be okay and hopefully they lose a little bit of weight soon :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!