Tylotriton Verrucosus Temperatures

Maguire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
T.verrucosus questions.

I have read mixed information concerning using heaters with T.verrucosus. Should a small heater be provided or left to room temperature. I use a little heater and wonder what other keepers use?

Is it better to provide newts with a naturalistic enclosure or a artificial enclosure that still meets their requirements? If you get my meaning.
I use bog wood and plants and rock hides.
Is this suitable?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: T.verrucosus questions.

I have read mixed information concerning using heaters with T.verrucosus. Should a small heater be provided or left to room temperature. I use a little heater and wonder what other keepers use?

Is it better to provide newts with a naturalistic enclosure or a artificial enclosure that still meets their requirements? If you get my meaning.
I use bog wood and plants and rock hides.
Is this suitable?

Hi Maguire

If you are keeping them indoors in the UK, room temperature will be fine from my experience.

These guys are near enough fully aquatic, fill your tank to the top and put plenty of live plants in there. Perhaps use a floating plant so they can come up for air easier.

Hope this helps.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back