Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axies thrown up worms?

Harpii

Reaction score
Hi all, we've changed our axies from small worms to lob worms and they have thrown them up, we did cut them up but maybe they were still too big? Can this make them throw up? we cut them in half so should we try cutting one into three? Thanks.

Lysinlight87

Reaction score
Hi,

I cut lob worms into thirds and then feed them. but to be honest, my lotls don't seem to like them, & even cut up, they often spit them out. I'm gonna switch back to small earthworms

One of them threw up once, I put it down to him eating more than he could handle.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
It could be that your worms are too big, or more likely, that you're feeding them too much/too often.

Harpii

Reaction score
We feed them every other day, thwey've always been fine until recently, we are going to try and cut one worm into three and see how they go if not then we will give them some blood worms or go back to small worms. Its the first time they've ever thrown up so i can only think that the worms were too big for them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1