Help Swimming Crazy

Cheylee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have my two male axolotls in one take. My older startered swimming up. He just swam upward even though he was at the surface. He started this about a month ago so when i noticed it i put in a filter and did a water change. Everything seemed fine until today... I noticed he was swimming like crazy again but i had to leave for work and couldn't change the water right away and when i got home he was dead. :( I'm going to do a water change but do you guys have any other suggestions as to what would cause him to swim straigh up like this? The other male appers fine even though he is really small.

I also have two female is a separate tank that are doing perfectly fine.

What are your water parameters? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back