Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Do This animal suffer from Fridge complications?

Roy

Reaction score
Hi all:
**** A week ago I post two threads: "Axolotl in starving" in Newts and Salamander Forum help and "Furan 2 in Axolotl disease" in Sick Axolotl Forum. There I explained that my copy axolotl male 2 years and stopped eating red lesions appeared on her abdomen that seemed red leg disease.
**** I sent him to the refrigerator for 1 week, which did not want any food. I applied Furan-2 baths 10 minutes every 48 hrs. Red lesions are almost gone now but the axolotl has a very strange behavior: fleet abdomen upward (as dead) but nothing to stimulate slowly regains its position in the background.
***** I do not know if I'm in the right way but I am very concerned that not eating and I think that continues to deteriorate. If anyone can give me tips'd appreciate help much. Thanks for the advice which I have given before.

Natalie

Reaction score
My C. Ensicauda layed with belly up, legs down by sides totally stiff, and not breathing for a half hour directly after salt bath, but no red lesions. I was just about to bury her, but when I came back she had returned from the dead:eek:. Now she's totally fine. I think for some, these salt baths are really too much.

Kaysie

Site Contributor
Reaction score
Salt baths are not a cure-all. They're only meant for specific illnesses. Roy, I'm sorry nobody responded to your thread.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!