Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Fun with pseudoscience or too much time on one's hands?

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
Okay folks...

I'm feeling antagonistic today. When I feel like this I troll the web Spider Jerusalem style and wreak havoc on the zealots, believers, ignorant, and skeptics by stonewalling them with irrefutable facts. Go figure, I poke holes in people's misguided interpretations with data...as a hobby...

Anyway, just after having some fun with a particularly repugnant sect of militant, anti-intelligent creationists, I stumbled over this little gem. I like bloggers, as most of them are nobodies like me that try really hard to sound professional, like me. I just do not put much validity in their posts. This guy has genuinely earned my respect in the "too much time spent on a topic" category. As one guilty of the same, I enjoyed this blog immensely.

Before I share though, lets get some ground rules straight:

Thou shalt not insult others.
Thou shalt not express opinion is the guise of fact.
Thou shall openly accept that not everyone agrees on the root of this subject.
Thou shall have fun with this.
No one really cares about anything but their own beliefs.

Enjoy!

The Loch Ness Giant Salamander

Loch Ness is credited by many to be the home of an unidentified species of large, yet highly elusive and rarely seen aquatic animals. Every creature on Earth is connected through evolution to every other. There is, in the end, only a limited number of possibilities as to Nessie's place on the family tree. Herein we take one view, proposing that the most parsimonious explanation for the mystery in Loch Ness is that it is home to a rare and as yet unnamed species of Giant Salamander. Read entire post (external link)

Ghost1

Banned
Reaction score
You know, the lake monster "Caddy" really does look like a giant neotenic gilled salamander...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1