Frozen food?

wian

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
chrysler
I have baby axies from June hatching. Been feeding them bbs and last month live black worms. When can I start feeding them frozen food?

You can start feeding them frozen bloodworm today. I have babies from a July breeding and they have been eating frozen bloodworm for about 3 weeks now. So much cheaper and more convenient.

Regards Neil

I can't get mine to eat frozen bloodworms. Is there a method in making a change over?

Dee, are yours eating chopped blackworm yet or still on only bbs and how old are they? Finely chopped blackworm keep wriggling for quite a while and this is enough stimulus to get baby axolotls to take them. Once they get a taste for these and grow a little the progression to frozen bloodworm is usually any easy one.

Regards Neil

Still only on bbs - cant find fresh black worms, so I haven't tried these.
I think they are going off bbs cause there are so many left over after feeding time??? They babies hatched end of June/July.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back