Hello from New South Wales, Australia

Emmaa

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Emma (:
Hey everyone, I'm Emma. From a small country town in NSW. Im 17, currently studying year 11 and doing hairdressing :D I joind this site because i'm buying myself my first axie in the next few weeks, soo excited! :D I love making friends so, feel free to message me :)

Welcome aboard, Emma!

Looking forward to seeing photos of your new axolotl when he or she arrives.

Be forewarned: axolotls are highly addictive! ;)

Welcome! I hope your future family member is a wonderful addition to your family- If you're not getting it from another enthusiast, some things you need to watch out for:

-Don't get one on gravel! For one thing, the health problems the poor thing will have due to impaction (Why you never EVER keep an axie where it can eat gravel) are stressful for you especially as you're learning about your new pet, and for another thing, it is ILLEGAL in NSW under the Fair Trading guidelines, which specify that animals must not be kept in conditions that are detrimental to their health, or sold if they are or are suspected of being sick (Which any axie on gravel is practically guaranteed to be).
- Spend some time watching them to see what their personality is like- chances are one will capture your heart.
-Get the biggest tank you can a) afford and b) fit - as Jacquie said, they're addictive! And chances are someone will gaze soulfully at you and beg you to bring them home and spoil them rotten (Caught by this SOOO many times!).
- When you choose your filter, make sure the flow is adjustable- axies HATE current(However if they want to play, from my experience they will find a "jet stream" from the filter and spend hours floating in it (My freddie spent many a day doing laps in this fashion when he was a juvie))
-If you can, set up the tank soon (ish) and start it cycling- there are some excellent articles on here on how to do it efficiently (And any surviving guppies are great hunting for axies :p), and it'll make your axie's arrival much less stressful :)

Anyway, once again, WELCOME!!!
And if you EVER need any help, we're here (and very happy!) to help :D

Hi there Emma ^__^
Welcome, and Good luck with your new axolotl when you get it.

Just a warning, its hard to stop at one. ;) So think about getting a tank which 2 could fit into easily. Well thats what has happened with me. =D

Post some pics when you get yours. n_n

Welcome and I agree with everyone axolotl are very endearing and it is hard to just have one. good luck with your new family member,:happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back