Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Good photography book?

evut

Reaction score
I am planning to get a Nikon D5100 camera to replace my current Panasonic Lumix FZ50. I'm thinking of getting a book to improve my photography skills and make good use of the camera. I don't want anything simplified "for dummies", rather something in-depth and technical. Can anyone recommend a good book for this? Thanks!

SludgeMunkey

Reaction score
I am planning to get a Nikon D5100 camera to replace my current Panasonic Lumix FZ50. I'm thinking of getting a book to improve my photography skills and make good use of the camera. I don't want anything simplified "for dummies", rather something in-depth and technical. Can anyone recommend a good book for this? Thanks!

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Photography-Book-Scott-Kelby/dp/032147404X

This is the one I used when forcing my film-centric mind into the digital age.

On that note, I still prefer 35mm film cameras.;)

evut

Reaction score
Thanks Jane, I have had a brief look at them and they look interesting. It is probably better to look at books with a slightly more specific aim like these.
It seems to me that most "general photography" books are written for people who have no knowledge or experience of digital photography at all.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!