First axie! Have a few questions (photos)

Emmaa

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Emma (:
Hey guys! Yesterday I bought my first axie! Noodles (a boy i think) seems to be settling in to his new home well and ate when i fed him last night. I was looking at him today and noticed on his right side he has some bumps. I dont know what these are.. But they arent on his left side :/
He seems pretty healthy and happy. I chose him because in the store he was swimming around a lot and seemed active :)
he also has bits out of his tail, not sure of this is from other axies or not. and he has black fingertips? all these coloured ones had them in the store so my mum and i thought it was normal. is it? and any general any tips and tricks would be great!
Thanks! :)

Attachments

• IMG_3744.jpg
    IMG_3744.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3735.jpg
    IMG_3735.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 226
The black fingertips are a sign of maturity so thats nothing to worry about. :)
I really don't know about the lumps on the side though so hopefully someone can help you out with that. My axolotls have alot of tiny bumps on them but do you mean that cluster of bumps above and behind his back leg?
Also his tail is fine ^_^ they often have uneven tails, it gives axolotls character.
I hope this helps you. And nice choice, its a really cute axolotl.:D

Something to think about is creating your own worm farm. :happy: They love live earth worms and its a healthy diet for them. I made a farm for my axolotls using white foam boxes which i got from the fish shop for free ^__^ the only thing i paid for was the worms.
Good luck with Noodles ;)

Thankyou! He was definietly the cutest! Yeah the cluster :/ they look like the little bumps that go up his body but just in a bunch. I'll have to watch it.
Yeah i'm thinking of buying one of those worm farms from bunnings :) at the moment he has sinking pellets which he seems to like and i have the blister pack of frozen bloodworms :D

I agree. We had a member recently who posted something similar, and it ended up being some type of infection.

Also you have to be careful with them being "active" since this can actually be a sign of stress at times.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back